Monday, July 2, 2018

Packing for Costa Rica

As my trip came to a close, there were some things that I wish I had brought, and some things that I probably could have done without. I would like to share with you some of my accidents so that you don't do the same if you are thinking of coming to Costa Rica in the future! (P.S. I added in some random photos that have nothing to do with a packing list but I liked them)

1. Sunscreen and Bugspray
You probably already guessed that if you are coming to Costa Rica that you will probably have to bring sunscreen and bugspray. For me, the bugspray was a must! Several students looked like they had chicken pox after all the bug bites they got (myself included) and trust me, it wasn't fun. Sunscreen really depends on the person. I myself do not burn very easily, but there were other students that turned into tomatoes after a day in the sun. Word of the wise- sunscreen and bugspray are cheaper in the US! Stock up before you come.

2. Rain Gear
If you are coming during summer break, rain gear is a must. During our summer it is rainy season in Costa Rica, which means constant rain showers each afternoon (very hard rain showers I might add). Rain jackets are often pretty helpful, but mainly I would suggest bringing something to cover your backpack. Even if you have an umbrella, often times it won't cover your backpack when you walk, only your body, so having something to keep your books from being rained on is a pretty nice thing to have.


3.  Toiletries
Obviously the needs for each person will vary, but there are certainly things that I brought that I wouldn't have if I had known. For one, (this is mainly for girls), bringing a straightener or curling iron is useless. I brought my straightener and used it only once- for graduation. Btw, the curls stayed in for about one hour before falling straight again. Save the room in your luggage!

If you wear contacts, be sure to bring more than you think you might need. For me, I brought 5 pairs. I only actually needed three of them, but it was nice to have backups if a pair broke or got dirty in the ocean. Also, be sure to bring contact solution and cleaning solution!



No comments:

Post a Comment